View account settings
1. Launch Mozilla Thunderbird
2. On the toolbar at the top, select Tools and then Account Settings
Add mail account
3. Click the Account Actions dropdown and then select Add Mail Account from the list
Enter your details
4. Enter the following details:
* Name (which will appear the “From” field in your emails)
* Email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Password (stipulated when you created your email account in konsoleH)
5. Then click Continue
6. Thunderbird will now automatically check your email settings
7. If your settings are not found, click the Edit button and ensure that the incoming server type is set to POP and the outgoing server type is set to SMTP.
8. Return to the email settings screen and click Manual Setup
Incoming Server settings
9. On Server Settings, ensure that the Server Type is set to POP Mail Server, Server Name is pop.your-domain.co.za, and the Username is your full email address. The port should be set to 110.
10. Ensure that the Use secure authentication checkbox is ticked
Outgoing Server settings
11. Click Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the menu on the left hand side.
12. Ensure that the outgoing server (SMTP) is selected for the correct account/email address and click Set Default (if not already the default).
13. Click OK
14. Your Thunderbird homepage will now display and you should now be set up to send and receive mail.