- Launch Mail.
- From the toolbar at the top, select Mail and then Add Account…
Other Mail Account
- Select Other Mail Account…
- Enter your details
- Name (which will appear in the ‘From’ field when you send emails)
- Email Address
- Password (Forgotten passwords can be changed in konsoleH)
- > Sign In
- Complete the settings as follows:
- User Name is the full email address
- Account Type is IMAP or POP according to preference (IMAP is the default)
- For domains still in transfer or propagation, temporarily use the IP Address in place of Incoming & Outgoing Mail Server
- Ignore Unable to verify account name or password
- > Sign In
- Ignore the 2 server identity messages > Continue♦ You can add the certificate to your trust settings to avoid seeing this message in the future.
- Select any apps > Done
Your Mail account is now set up. You will see your new account in the list with any other mail accounts. However, to avoid any future issues, continue with these few tweaks:
- From the top menu choose Mail > Preferences…
- On the Accounts tab, choose your new account from the list on the left, and then click Server Settings
Now for some important customizations:
- Deselect (uncheck) the boxes for Automatically manage connection settings for both Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers –additional fields will now be displayed.
- Select Advanced IMAP Settings
- Select Allow insecure authentication > OK
- Deselect (uncheck) the boxes for Use TSL/SSL for both Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) click the drop-down arrow at Account
- Select Edit SMTP Server List
- Tick Allow insecure authentication
- Click OK and Save. (Note: this button only becomes visible when settings have changed)
Your Mail is now set up!